We all love our appliances especially when it is about large and costly appliances. We don’t want to live with a dishwasher or washing machine, right. These appliances were purchased by our hard earned money, being costly we don’t want them to get damaged and last long. Large appliances demand maintenance and proper care to last years. In this busy life, we don’t have much time to take care of properly.
Many a time we just ignore that tanks and dishwashers also need cleaning which leads to working issues. This problem increases if you have hard water and you use it for your household appliances. There are many temporary fixes which we will state in this article. However, if you are looking for a one-time investment and permanent solution go for a water softener. But before you buy always check watersoftener-review.com for latest updates which will be appropriate as per demographic conditions of your area.
Some temporary solutions to fix hard water issues:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is a powerful acid that works perfectly on calcium deposits. Generally, hard water contains calcium which settles down on taps, faucets, and appliances when water evaporates. For this apply white vinegar directly to taps and plumbing’s and leave for an hour wash with plain water. For appliances take a 1/3rd cup of vinegar and one part of water mix and pour inside the dishwasher and run. Repeat normal cycle afterward.
- Temperature: Many people don’t realize that hot water causes stains as it evaporates fast leaving a white cast behind. Reducing temperature will help you in combating limescale.
- Cleaners: Limescale removal is essential. When left for months this calcified layer is hard to remove. Cleaning regularly with cleaners that especially contains descaling properties is good so that there is no deposition. These cleaners are acidic, abrasive and chlorine-based that are effective in cleaning spots and stains. You can make them at home by pouring strong white vinegar directly in coffee or tea maker and boiling. Later rinsing with plain water by boiling again.
- Rinse Aid: Have you noticed that creating lather is tough with hard water. It is because soap molecules are negatively charged and hard water works against it. To minimize hard water deposition use products that are spots and stains remover.
- Water Softener: This one is permanent and is the first priority. We are listing it in the last because we know all the solutions mentioned above are time-consuming and temporary. However, you have to spend an amount but trust me it will be worth it. There are many softeners available in the market like salt based and salt-free. It depends on your preference and budget what you choose but we recommend you buy one as they are specially designed to eliminate hard water minerals.
Water conditioning or water softeners is the permanent solution to prolong appliances life. Softeners filter out minerals that are creating nuisance in your daily life. It also eliminates the slimy and strange taste of water so that you get great taste and healthy water.
Hope you liked our little and useful information about temporary and permanent solutions to protect appliances from hard water. If you have any doubts or I have missed something write to us in the comment box below.